I want a president who's NOT ready to be Commander-in-Chief!

I know that the secret to successful blogging is to be among the first to post on a subject. So I am coming in really late on the flap over General Wesley Clark allegedly questioning John McCain's military record. Actually, all he did was question whether his experience made him qualified to be Commander-in-Chief, which is fair enough in my book; but then it is easy to counter that Barack Obama has no experience that makes him qualified to be Commander-in-Chief.

But you know what? That's fine with me. I want a president who isn't so "ready" (and eager) to be Commander-in-Chief that they are going to get us into another war just to show us how tough they are. That's why I opposed Hillary Clinton, who was alREADY half-way to attacking Iran the last I heard. The less experience our president has in military affairs, perhaps the more he will think twice about doing something we will all regret later (of course that didn't stop George W. Bush, but nothing would have stopped him anyway.)

Here is some "reaction" to Clark's statement. Makes you proud to be an American.



Update: Glenn Greenwald has a very important post today about where the American people are on when to withdraw from Iraq, where Obama is at, and what the media are telling us about all that. It turns out the American people are ahead of the curve on this one (lots of polling data provided.)

Post a Comment

0 Comments